lunedì 14 settembre 2015

Hippo mail!

Update: This card received the "Honorable Gnome" title!! I'm so so happy! thanks!! :)





Hi guys! 
I'll continue to say that I already miss the beach, the sun and the sea.. until my next vacation..! Yeah.. i'll probably do! :)
This summer there was a lovely mascotte at my hotel, a super cute and sweet hippo with his funny "granny panties"! Let me say it was super super cute! :) Both childrens and their parents were crazy about! So I decided to celebrate our hippo mascotte with a card! Here's what i created...




The challenge at Lawnscaping is "texture" so i decided to add some interest to my card with some distress inks shading and some dimension! I love all my distress inks.. For this card I used "Tumbled Glass", "Salty Ocean" and "Mermaid Lagoon".
Here you can see how I built my ocean waves scene...!



I curled all the waves to give lots of texture and dimension and I love all these little happy mails hiding in the ocean..! And I used some foam tape for my hippo to make it really stand out! 
I modified the Lawn Fawn original hippo stamp drawing some giant pants and i colored it with my copics and for the sentiment I combined two LF stamp set: "Year Four" and "Gleeful Garden".

Challenges: 




             


I hope you like it and thank you sososooo much for stopping by today! :)
franci 

6 commenti:

  1. Eeek!! This too cute!! Love how you have each panel popping up a bit!! & that hippo is just the cutest!!

    RispondiElimina
  2. HAHAHA! I love it! So very cute! Thank you for joining us for the STAMPtember® celebration on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    RispondiElimina
  3. This is just too cute!! Absolutely love the "granny panties" on the hippo and the custom sentiment goes perfectly!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Such a SUPER CUUUUTE card! Love your wavy bg! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

    RispondiElimina
  5. Aw, what a sweet concept. It's like messages in a bottle, just... without the bottle. :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    RispondiElimina
  6. Thank you so much ladies to all of you for all your lovely comments! :)

    RispondiElimina